Monday, January 11, 2010

Peanut Butter S'mores


I have a great group of girlfriends that I love to get together with and play cards.  Once upon a time we used to meet weekly for dinner and games-but things have changed as we have gotten married and had kids.  Our New Years resolution for 2010 is to have Girls Night Out at least once a month.   I hosted this past weekend and we had such a fun time!  We munched on veggies and dip and a hot spinach/artichoke dip.  For dinner I made a roast beef roll that was delicious.  (It is a Pampered Chef recipe that I hadn't made in a long time)  After dinner we got into our card game and passed around a big bowl of kettle corn - which is a staple for Girls Night in my opinion.  I also tried out my own creation - a peanut butter s'mores dessert.
Here's a picture of my two best friends...my sisters.  I couldn't have asked for better sisters or friends!

And here are some pictures of my creation...



Peanut Butter S'mores
1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
2/3 c. crushed graham crackers
1/2 c. softened margarine
1 egg
Mix all ingredients together, except egg.  Add egg when crumbly.  Press into ungreased 13x9 pan.  Bake 14-16 minutes.
 1+1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1/3 c. powdered sugar
Mix together until smooth.  Spread over warm chocolate crust.  Sprinkle mini-marshmallows and crushed peanut butter cups.  Broil 10-20 seconds until toasty brown.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Gretchen! That looks terrific. I love anything with toasted marshmallows. I like your idea of mixing in the graham cracker crumbs instead of making a crust, it's easier.

    That's awesome that you're close with your sisters. I don't have any, only brothers.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete