Saturday, March 6, 2010

Spicy Grilled Pork Chops

I'm so excited!  When I decided to blog about dinner meals for the month of March I really wanted to include this recipe but I didn't know if I could because it means using the grill.  And as many of you have experienced, we have had quite the winter weather.  But - guess what?!  It has been up in the 40's and 50's the past few days.  Warm enough to melt the piles of snow around our grill.  My hubby kindly agreed to fire it up today so I could make and blog about these pork chops!  Yippee!!!
I found the original recipe on an ad for Ziplock bags.  It was for chicken that you marinade and then microwave all together in a gallon bag.
It was in mid-summer when I came across the recipe and we (and when I say we I mean my husband) were grilling just about everything.  Instead of microwaving the peppers and meat we grilled the meat and I sauteed the peppers.  It was amazing and has become my favorite way to eat pork chops! 
Spicy Grilled Pork Chops
4 Boneless Pork Chops
1/2 each - Red, Yellow and Orange Pepper, sliced
1/2+ Hot Sauce (I use Franks)
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
Place everything into gallon-sized Ziplock bag.  Squeeze all together to coat chops well.  Place in fridge for at least 20 min.  Remove chops from bag and grill until completely cooked.  In a small pan, sautee peppers in a little olive oil.  For a little zing, I squirt lime juice over peppers as they cook. 

1 comment:

  1. Are grill fell and couldn't get up last year. :( Tomorrow is the day we get a new one so, I'll be giving your recipe a try soon!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete