Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Most Favorite Coffee Cake



I love coffee cake.  I think I love pretty much any kind of cake.  Simple, fancy, frosted, filled, however I can have it, I love it.  And since breakfast is my favorite meal of the day (with my coffee drink, of course) I like to make coffee cakes.  I don't know why I chose this recipe out of a cookbook years ago, but it is the best in my opinion.  It's super moist and the brown sugar and pecans give it this sweet crunch.  It's delicious warm, but it's also great the next day too.  The flavors sink in even more.  I hope you'll like it as much as I do!




Easy Coffee Cake (EWO Church Cookbook)
1 yellow cake mix (I use French Vanilla)
1 pkg instant vanilla pudding
1 pkg instant butterscotch pudding
4 eggs
1 c. water
1 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
Topping:
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. chopped pecans
Mix batter ingredients together and pour half into a 9x13 pan.  Sprinkle half of topping mixture over that.  Repeat.  Bake at 350 F for 40-45 minutes.
Super easy and super yummy!!!



2 comments:

  1. Yum, looks good! Like you I'm a fan of all things cake! Cookies not so much. :)
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. great timing! I was just thinking that I need a good coffee cake recipe to try. I had to take snack to sunday school this morning, and didn't know what to make. Next time it's my turn, I'm trying this one!

    ReplyDelete